Monday, December 1, 2008

"Your Clothes" Song Update

Same song. Next step. I've been messing around with some minor lyric changes here and there, adding a bridge, and creating an alternative chorus. I was running through the changes this evening and thought I'd share. When I'm working on this song I keep thinking of Ephesians 4:22-24:
Put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires (the 'mud'), to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self (His 'clothes'), created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Check it out and let me know what you think! Just remember, I never claimed to be a musician, Todd ;o) Lyrics down below as usual!
your clothes V1// i've walked away/ from those awful things/ i've closed the door/ on all that before/ i've poured the shame/ and poison down the drain/ i have repented / how many times will i hurt you //CHORUS// father i just want to make you proud/ every time i stand i fall down / these are your clothes / no one would know/ i have covered them in mud/ holy father wrap me in your arms/ tell me how to be more like you are/ these are your clothes / no one would know/ lord please wash away the mud //V2// lord i have turned/ to you, i have learned/ what is right/ guided by your light/ i've found my way/ lord if i stray/ i will repent/ how many times will i hurt you //CHORUS// Bridge // you've called me to / be more like you / lord help me be / what you want from me/ i just want to please you/ i just want to please you/ i just want to please you lord //CHORUS B //these are your clothes/ no one would know / lord wash away the mud / these are your clothes / i want the world to know/ your mercy and your love //father i just want to make you proud/ every time i stand i fall down / these are your clothes / no one would know/ i have covered them in mud //CHORUS B // these are your clothes/ these are your clothes / lord please wash away the mud

No comments: