Sunday, December 28, 2008

Pity Party

Today I had a little pity party for myself. I am still having some stomach sickness, and although I'm not making quite as many trips to the bathroom, some new symptoms have popped up including another stinking sore throat and a headache. Kimberly did a little research and thinks that my "flu bug" might actually be more related to my ulcers and acid reflux, symptoms of which could have flared up after eating some bad food the other day. And by bad, I mean really good. I began feeling sorry for myself. When will I feel better? Is this how sick I'll get every time I self-indulge? Then I started thinking about having to go back to work tomorrow, still not feeling great. Do I have to? Yes, I have no choice in that matter. And I really can't stand my job right now anyway. Also, I began examining a particular relationship I have with someone who I love dearly, but am so frustrated with right now. Sometimes I feel used and manipulated by this person, and I began wondering about how significant I really am to them. Which led me to wonder my significance overall. Yeah, I know. Wah! I told you it was a pity party. But it was short lived. And now I just feel ashamed for forgetting how blessed I am. For my health. For having a job. For my friends and family who I know care. One positive thing about pity parties is that they always seem to end with rejoice. Weird.

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Glad to hear your are feeling a little better!

Sometimes I think we need to have those little pity parties. Because like you said, in the end we usually end up finding the things to rejoice about and in the process we get rid of the stuff that is keeping us from seeing those things in the first place. (not sure if that makes sense?!?)

Hope you keep feeling better. I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

Anonymous said...

Although there are differences in content, but I still want you to establish Links, I do not know how you advice!