Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Prayer Needed

Man, this picture is a blast from the past! The goofy looking toe-head is me, and the kid with spiky mullet is my big brother. We were rocking out the leisure suits in '88. It seems weird to say this picture is twenty years old, but it is.
I am asking everyone out there in BlogLand to please pray for my brother. No, unfortunately the problem isn't that he is still suffering from this tragic hair. It's something far more serious.
He has battled substance abuse off and on for many years now. Based on a conversation I had with my father today and a gut feeling that I've had for a while now, I think my brother has reached a dangerous point in this struggle.
Please pray that He is consumed by God and that he surrenders every aspect of himself to Christ so that he finds freedom from the bondage of addiction. Pray that he role model for his son that any obstacle can be overcome with the grace of our heavenly father.
Also, I'd appreciate prayer for my parents. This has been a roller-coaster for them for around fifteen years now. Please ask the Lord to grant them peace of heart. They have been wonderful parents to both of us.
Lastly, please keep my nephew in your prayers. My brother's struggles have taken a toll on all of us, but mostly his son. He is a great kid and it would be awesome for him to see his father's transformation through the power of Christ.
Thank you.

7 comments:

Keym said...

I can make a funny because I am submerged in this.
He is still struggling with his hair, lets be serious. The Caesar went out in 2001.

Pink is God's said...

Hey, I like the caesar! But yes I am praying guys.

Casey R. Vincent said...

I am praying for you right now Nate! I'm sorry to hear all that is going on. I hope that it all works out.

Shelby-Grace said...

I will be praying for you as well.

Unknown said...

I know what your family is going through. My brother finally won his battle against a 30 year addiction. He is now serving our wonderful awesome God who delivered him from this through a Christ centered recovery program. He's been sober for almost 5 years now. Your brother and family are in my prayers.

Sue said...

Will be praying for you all as well...

Addiction is strong, but our God is stronger!

Nathan said...

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it!