Sunday, December 21, 2008

Scary

So, I've already blogged once today, right? In fact, it is a very nice post about how wonderful my day was. There is even a slide show! But I just had an experience I have to blog about. Our apartment is cold. I mean down right frigid. My toes burn! You get the picture. I went to the balcony to make sure the door was tightly secured, as we have an extension cord going through it to the outdoors for some Christmas lights. Well, I opened the door and gave it a swift swing shut and saw a small flash of light near the bottom of the door. I looked to see what was going on and realized that I had busted open the extension cord and flames were literally shooting out the tiny lesion that was formed. I wasn't sure what to do, so I tried to blow out the flames. Momentarily they wavered, but returned angry. I was afraid to touch the cord to unplug it because I thought it may electrocute me. Then I realized it was the cord to the lights that was burning, not the extension cord, so I unplugged the extension cord the lights were receiving electricity from. At this point I blew the flames out again, and without the continuous flow of electricity, the fire stayed out that time ;o) Whew! What a way to get your heart rate up in the middle of the night! Thank God the apartment didn't catch on fire!

3 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Oh my Gosh Nathan!!! That is so crazy! I am very glad you guys are ok and there was no fire!

David said...

And serious as this was...I can imagine a bit of a Homer Simpson "AAGGHH" being very appropriate at the sight of the flames!

Nathan said...

David, you are absolutely right ;o)