Monday, December 29, 2008

We're All Here . . .

Today we watched Horton Hears a Who. My favorite part of the movie is when the Mayor of the Who's convinces his people to believe that Horton, a giant elephant holding their whole world on a clover with his trunk, is real. The mayor simply states to Horton, "We're all here, Horton, and we all believe in you!" Now bare with me here, because this is a stretch, but Horton made me think a lot of Jesus. He was willing to sacrifice everything to save a world of people who doubted his very existence. Horton didn't change his mind about risking his life to save the Who's after they rejected him, he continued pressing on. Now, Horton was obviously not the son of God, and he was not crucified, but there are some similarities here. Right? And somehow this silly movie broke my heart, to think that even as Christ was nailed to the cross, he didn't get a "We are all here, Jesus, and we all believe in you!" And I can't describe how much, or why, but I want Him to have that moment so badly. I want to be one of the microscopic Who's in the background, screaming praises to the savior who has come to save our tiny little speck, saying , "We are all here, Jesus, and we all believe in you!"

5 comments:

Irun Man said...

I'd give a shout to the Lord too! Haven't seen "Horton Hears A Who" yet, however. BTW, every time I check out your blog my computer gets a hit that something has attacked it. Not trying to pry, but when was the last time you ran a system check to see if you have any spyware or virus? Just wondered.

David said...

You're not the only one to see this link Nate. I've not seen the movie, but the book always made me think that. I've since heard that the link to a Christ-like figure was intentional, and apparently the book is an allegory about the American occupation of Japan post WWII. Who knew?

Kris Sorensen said...

I like your analogy.

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!