Monday, December 15, 2008

List of Ramblings and Rejoice

- I'm sick. My face hurts. My ears hurt. My throat hurts. I am producing so much snot I wish it was worth something so I could sell it and live off the profit for a few months. But thank God for antibiotics! I am starting mine at 8:30pm tonight. - It needs to snow! I mean, really, if it's going to feel like a Winter Wonderland, then it should look like one too! - I am feeling really pumped about our Jamaica missions trip in January. We were so blessed over the weekend by donations. All were equally appreciated, but some just blew me away! I actually choked up about two of them. I am blessed with amazing people in my life! Really. - I am also feeling anxious about our Jamaica missions trip. I stand in amazement at the generosity we have been shown, but we are still struggling to generate the funds. I know we will continue to receive donations over the next week or so and continue building our own resources, but the deadline is this Wednesday, so I'm unsure of what we'll do between then and when we get all the money in. - Today was wonderful at the doctor's office. I only waited two minutes! - I want to take a day or two off from work to get well . . . but can't ;o( - Last night I couldn't sleep again. I dosed off around 3:00am, then I received a work call at 6:30am and couldn't fall back to sleep afterwards. I'm talking to a doctor about this the first week of January. Guess it's caffeine 'til then. -And then I am reminded:
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
I rejoice in my health and my medical care, in being able to go on a missions trip and in having the 'rich person problem' of wondering how its all going to get paid for. I rejoice that I am blessed with a job with income and that I have a bed to lay in at night and a roof over my head. I rejoice for the way God has provided for me and taught me through all these things and through the amazing people He has put in my life. I rejoice in the Lord and the gift He has given me. -So then I rejoice in this reminder I received about rejoicing ;o)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Get Well Soon!

Keym said...

Praise God for Rich People Problems