Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Your Clothes" Song Update . . . Again

So, just like . . . maybe five or six hours ago I posted this song. But what else am I suppose to do at 4:51am? Well, I should be sleeping, but I can't seem to, so I've been working on a couple different things. Partly this song some more. Still same song. Next step. Again ;o) More minor messing around with some lyrics here and there. Shortening the alternative chorus a bit. I shared earlier, so what the heck! Why not again!? As I said in my last post, while I work on this song Ephesians 4:22-24 just keeps running through my mind:
Put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires (the 'mud'), to be made new in the attitude of your minds, and to put on the new self (His 'clothes'), created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
It really is different. Promise! A whole half of a minute shorter too ;o) Just remember: voice + 4:00 am = not so fantastic high note somewhere towards the end. Enjoy, and let me know what you think! Lyrics below.
your clothes V1// i've walked away/ from those awful things/ i've closed the door/ on all that before/ i've poured the shame/ and poison down the drain/ i have repented / how many times will i hurt you //CHORUS// father i just want to make you proud/ every time i stand i fall down / these are your clothes / no one would know/ i have covered them in mud/ holy father wrap me in your arms/ tell me how to be more like you are/ these are your clothes / no one would know/ lord please wash away the mud //V2// lord i have turned/ to you, i have learned/ what is right/ guided by your light/ i've found my way/ lord if i stray/ i will repent/ how many times will i hurt you //CHORUS// Bridge // you've called me to / be more like you / lord help me be / what you want from me/ i just want to please you/ i just want to please you/ i just want to please you lord //CHORUS B //these are your clothes/ no one would know / lord wash away the mud / these are your clothes / i want the world to know/ your mercy and your love //father i just want to make you proud /every time i stand i fall down / these are your clothes/ these are your clothes / lord please wash away the mud

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing!

When I can't sleep I count sheep or read, lol!

Wish I had your talent.

Kate said...

Great song, Nate. I'm glad you share your songs with us :)

Unknown said...

Vicki said--what a wonderful song thanks Nate-God has so blessed you.

brenda c said...

I love the song it says so much about how we sometimes treat our Lord. You have a wonderful tallent keep using it. I usually read or get on the computer when I can't sleep which seems to be alot too!!