Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Click Your Heels

Ever see this scene in the Wizard of Oz? Dorothy struggles to reach the Emerald City, then to fetch the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West, all in attempts to go home. Then, after all that hard work, Glinda the Good Witch says, "All you need to do is click your heels together three times . . ." Now, the next time you watch this part of the movie, watch Dorothy's face carefully. For a second she looks like she's about to give Glinda the beat down for not explaining in the very beginning that she was standing on all she needed to get where she wanted to go. I've been thinking about this a lot today, oddly enough, and wondering why the heck I'm dodging all these dang flying monkeys and catching backtalk from disgruntled fruit trees. Just maybe I, like Dorothy, already have everything I need to get where I'm supposed to be. Click . . . click . . . click . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite movies! And look at you with your new header! It's awesome! =]

Sue said...

VERY interesting thought, Nate!

I do believe you are right!