Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stop, NOT Park

So, today I arrived at work and immediately just wanted it all to stop. I have adapted an unpleasant response to just being there, usually feeling anxious. I thought to myself, "I have a lot going on right now. Maybe I could take a half day." I discussed this over with my supervisor who simply told me to use my discretion and that she trusted me. So I left a little after noon to run some errands. A few hours later, I realized I had a text message from my BOSS's BOSS asking me if I was going to be at a group recognition party I was suppose to be attending. I had completely forgotten about it, and by the time I got the message it was too late to go. Not good. So now I'm praying I don't get into too much trouble. This just got me thinking, I'm going through a weird phase right now. As I am discovering more about what God wants to do with my life, it is harder for me to do what I am currently doing. I don't think I'm quite where He wants me right now, but I know that in order to glorify Him I need to put forth my best effort no matter what I'm doing. But I don't wanna! So here I am, stuck between wanting to be a complete slacker and wanting to give my very best. It's like one of those dumb moments where you sit at a stop sign and wait for it to change green. You know you've done it at least once! Just like a stop sign, my life isn't going to suddenly turn to something different on it's own. I've got to push on the gas and go, and stop waiting for things to change that never will.

3 comments:

David said...

I hear ya Nate!! :-)

Keym said...

And gas is sooo inexpensive right now :0)

--V-- said...

I sit through stops signs all the time lately. Oddly enough, I've ran a few. Clearly, I'm not paying enough attention!