Sunday, December 7, 2008

Uplifted

Today was very uplifting. I had the privilige of praising our Lord on the worship team today, something that seems to dramatically effect me for the rest of the week. During rehearsal, things just didn't really seem to fall into place right, but this morning God's presence was with us and it all came together. I also got to have a great conversation with Marggy about her exciting calling to be a missionary. PK then preached straight to my heart. Seeing so many abused children who later become abusers themselves, I often feel weight-down by the unfairness of it all. But, as Kris discussed this morning, I should be so thankful for the unfairness that a person like me, so unworthy, can find salvation through Jesus Christ. Kimberly and I grabbed a bite to eat, then we headed back to the church so I could have somewhere to work on a project that I'm really excited about. Then it was time for Youth Group, which is always awesome. Pink gave the leaders a sneak peek of the new youth room, and it is looking fantastic! When we got home I came across a couple very nice emails I received today that really blessed me. To top it all off, we went to do a load of laundry at the laundry mat and just happened to run into someone who used to be a resident in the treatment facility I work at. She was a very difficult and unstable client to work with, so I was excited to see that she was functioning at a high-enough level to be implementing independent living skills like doing her own laundry. We interacted some, which was awkward, but I was amazed at the progress she has made in her social skills. While sitting at the laundry mat waiting for the dryer to complete, I jotted down bits of a song that have been bumbling through my head the past few days. It almost immediately felt like something I am suppose to share, so I'm excited about it. It's all about how awesome God is. Maybe I'll post what I've got so far sometime soon. Well, that's about it for today. It's only 12:18am and I'm feeling pretty tired, so I'm looking to a good nights' rest. Mmm sleep! Holler!