Saturday, November 22, 2008

WHO AM I?

So, on Tuesday at lunch, one of the greeters asked me if I used to go to a church in Fishers. I reminded her that the last time I ate at this establishment a few months previous, she asked me the same question. "Sorry lady, I'm not your long-lost friend or his twin brother." Then yesterday I went to a doctor I've never seen before. As soon as he entered the room he began insisting he knew me. I explained that this is the first time we've met, then he jokingly suggested that I have a twin that he knows. He continued to say he knows me and teased me, saying that maybe I seem to be familiar to him because he's 'watched my latest movie.' After my appointment, I returned to work to help host a Thanksgiving dinner for our kids and their families. I was the water and coffee server. Towards the end of the dinner a teenage girl came up to me to tell me I looked like a country singer. As I was leaving the event several minutes later, a few kids stopped me to let me know they thought I was 'Hanna Montanna's dad' when they first saw me. I get this stuff a lot. Someone is always telling me I am someone I am not. Occasionally it is annoying, sometimes it's awkward, but usually it's just funny. Every now and then it's a tad bit insulting. "Please don't tell me I look like them!" but again, it's usually just funny. But what's funny is, how many different people can one person look 'just' like?

1 comment:

--V-- said...

HAHAHA! You apparently look like Bily Ray Cyrus....awesome :)