Saturday, November 22, 2008

Operation: Rest

Kimberly and I fall into the same category as so many other American families: BUSY. It just seems like there is always something to do. And the truth is, I like our lifestyle. I love being around great people. And I like to always be doing something. The problem is, its starting to take it's toll on me. Yesterday, the doctor told me he thinks I have perforated ulcers in my stomach, meaning the ulcer(s) have most likely already ate away a hole in the lining of my stomach. He attributed most of this to lifestyle. A busy life usually means a poor diet and a high level of stress, which is mostly true for me personally. He also blamed lifestyle for this dumb cold I've had that's been lingering for weeks, saying my immune system can't catch up. He asked me a few questions and determined that I needed a career change. He went on to tell me it sounds like I enjoy my life outside of work but need to make a few changes to get plenty of rest because even positive stress can be difficult on the body. The fact is, he's right. I've been considering a career change for a while now and need to manage stress better. But making these types of big changes just seems . . . hard. Changes are on the way, but its a process. So for the time being, I am just thanking God for all my blessings, asking Him for strength, and have taken this whole day, and hopefully more to come, just to rest. And I kinda like it ;o)

2 comments:

Casey R. Vincent said...

Glad you got a day of rest Nate! Take care of yourself! Praying for your health and the big decisions to come with your career!

--V-- said...

Oh Nate. Sometimes change is hard...so very hard. I hope you can find something that is better for you. Just know that you're doing wonderful things where you're at now. So all this pain and suffering, no matter how unpleasant for you, is entirely worth it. Somehow.