Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Rumor

Today I fell victim to the rumor mill. I just got back to work from a very nice lunch, when a staff told me that we needed to talk. I looked at him and said, "Uh Oh!" He told me that there was a concern I needed to be aware of, but that it also involved a compliment. He shut my office door then proceeded to tell me that he heard from a reliable source that another position on campus is being eliminated, leaving a veteran supervisor without a job. He said he heard from this 'reliable source' that the solution to this problem was to fire me, so the other supervisor could take my spot. He said the word is that I'm getting fired for 'not writing people up enough.' He said he liked having me as his supervisor so he wanted to warn me immediately. Of course, I did not believe anything he was saying, but to squash the rumor right away, I called my supervisor who assured me I was a great manager and that there was no better fit for my program. Rumor squashed.

5 comments:

Sue said...

WHY do some people get off on stuff like that????

Mommy pfohl said...

Glad it was sqaushed! Good job! -Mindy

Irun Man said...

For your sake I'm glad to hear that it was only a rumor. However, if it hadn't been it might have been a sign from God that you needed to take your vast talents down another path. Just a thought. :]

Nathan said...

Aw, Todd, thanks!

--V-- said...

Yikes! How stressful! Thumbs down to the rumor mill :( Glad you got some comfort from your supervisor!