Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bad to Better

The first half of my day was bad. Very bad. I can't begin to fathom how or why some things happen in life, but I guess its not for me to understand right now. Today I watched a 16 year old boy be released from my program to go home. Not good. He molested his 4 year old brother on 200 to 300 different accounts, and now he's being sent back home to him. As we left him, the teen begged me not to let this happen. "Please Mr. Nathan! Don't let them send me home! I'm not ready! It's going to happen again! I can't stop it!" He made these same pleas to the judge, but it didn't matter. The county is done paying for him to be in placement. I told the lost youngster that the only way he could avoid hurting his brother again is to completely consume himself with Christ. We had a brief conversation that I hope he took seriously. Then . . . it got better. Way better. Tonight we went with the Vickery's to see David Crowder's Band. God's presence was very strong, and I left feeling very motivated and inspired. One of my favorite songs he sang was "Can You Feel it?". Its a simple song, but is much like an anthem for me on days like today. He sings, "Life makes it so hard sometimes to know what's real." Uhh, so true. I'm so glad I had this timely reminder of what's real!!!!

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

That is a favorite song of mine too! I liked the video you posted of it too.

--V-- said...

Wow. Rough day. I'm sorry Nate. You're doing such wonderful work though. Take solace in that!