Monday, November 24, 2008

Dr. Seuss With Insomnia

Last night, you see, I could not sleep. Too many thoughts in one big heap. A jumbled song. An endless care. Nerves and worry, what a pair! A story to tell but no one's awake, All coiled inside like a big snake. Fragments of days forgotten about. A whisper of joy, almost a shout. I counted backwards. I counted sheep. I counted the hours I could not sleep. I read and I wrote. I tossed and I turned. But still could not have the sleep that I yearned. As the night past, I nearly wept, Feeling such envy as my wife slept. Then sometime past four, I drifted away, The answer to hours of prayers that I prayed. ZZZ

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

That was great Nathan! Shelby is really into Dr. Seuss right now so we are reading alot of those books. This fits right in!

--V-- said...

aw! poor nate nate! i don't really sleep anymore. call me next time and i'll bore you with some stats! it'll put you right to sleep :)

Nathan said...

Tammy: Thanks!

Lori: Anymore ????
;o)