Friday, November 14, 2008

And Yet Another Friday

Today I spent my work day in Wayne County, assisting the family of the child I wrote about yesterday prepare for his return home. We spent a while creating a safety plan and just discussing potential risk factors they will have to address. I was disturbed to learn that not only was this teen being released to go home with his victim, but to live right next door to a preschool, no less. The therapist I work with and I just made the most of the day we could, doing our very best to protect the family and community from our client, and to force ourselves and each other to relax throughout the process. We even went out to a late lunch afterwards and managed to laugh some. Then after work, Kimberly and I headed out to the Canady's house for a very nice dinner and some time just hanging out. They are such kind people and it is rejuvenating to be around them. All the tension from my day quickly melted away. Now, all I can think about is just how thankful I am its Friday! To me, Friday means:

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

Glad your week ended well!