Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weird Drawing Mannequin Thingy and an Ugly Angel

Yesterday I was able to finally take the time to draw an image I've had in my mind for a while now. While on vacation, I bought one of those weird drawing mannequin thingys. We needed to go to the laundry-mat to do our laundry, so I packed up all my paint and drawing stuff, and this picture I took of the mannequin positioned just the way I wanted it.

This is how it turned out!
I still had lots of the colors left that I had mixed for the mannequin picture, and hated to just rinse them down the sink. So I scrolled through over a thousand pictures on my laptop to sketch and paint. I ended up deciding to draw an angel we got at one of out friend's funeral. The clothes were in the dryer at this point, and only had like ten minutes left. And some rather questionable people began to hang out front. Needless to say, I was not taking my time. I did a quick, sloppy sketch, and an even quicker, sloppier paint.


The end result was, well, one ugly angel!

So I got to do something creative, get some laundry done, and escape from questionable people to live and tell all about it! What a great experience at the laundry mat! Perhaps next time, I'll draw the questionable people. A detailed sketch would be a great additive to a police report statement ;o)

4 comments:

bryan vickery said...

hey now, your angel looks better than the original

Cari said...

I agree with Bryan!!!

Coby said...

I really like the drawing of the mannequin thingy. And I agree with Cari and Bryan. The angel looks awesome.

Nathan said...

Aw, shucks!