Monday, May 26, 2008

Hosanna!

I had an odd dream this morning. Very odd.

Just like satan himself, deception was whispering lies into my ear. Literally. The dream is vague now, but I clearly remember the feelings it invoked in me.

Helplessness. Hopelessness. Despair.

All followed by a glimpse, a shimmer of false hope. False promise.

I remember feeling so overwhelmed. Unable to think. Unable to speak. I was trapped.

And then I began chanting "Hosanna!" Suddenly. Unexpectedly. Uncontrollably.

Over and over again. "Hosanna!"

Even after I woke, I continued. "Hosanna!" Like a trance.

Then I realized.
Finally it occurred to me.

I was sitting up right, with my legs dangling off the edge of the bed, "
Hosanna!"

Needless to say, this was out of the ordinary morning routine for me.

Back to reality. Wisps of the dream returned and I began to understand what I was doing.
And Why
.


I think I understand, anyway.

I then thought to myself, "Psalms 3 and 20!"

I've never had this experience in my life, just knowing what God wanted me to read. I doubted myself. Doubted God. But decided to obey, and I'm so glad I did.

Psalms 3 was a morning prayer. What better way to begin a morning after literally waking saying "Hosanna!" ?

Psalms 20 was a prayer for victory. Very appropriate.

It was such a meaningful moment in my life. I'm not sure how to explain it, or even if it's explainable, but just thinking about that feeling I had when I began to cry out "Hosanna!", well, it truly makes me weep!

6 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Wow! That is incredible! Thanks for sharing that moment! -Mindy

bryan vickery said...

Hang on to that. It may be a long time before God reveals Himself so clearly, and Satan will try to convince you that this experience wasn't real (or he'll try to make you forget it). He doesn't want to see your faith strengthened like this.

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! BV is right--hang on to that--so glad you wrote it down so you will always remember.
God spoke to you for a reason--can't wait to see what other wonderful things He has in store for you!

Keym said...

I am proud of you for being able to open up on your blog. You are amazing just remember that, B was right hold on to it.

--V-- said...

Whoa dude...

Tonya said...

What a great experience! It's unbelievable when God reveals himself to us in unexpected ways. I'll be praying that you are able to recall this experience when you feel Satan's deception at your doorstep.