Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Suspension

Today I had a presentation due. The problem is, I knew nothing about it and had nothing prepared. It was bad. I had several prompts and reminders about the presentation over the past several weeks, but I must have blocked them all out. I was clueless!

I also woke up a little late this morning. "No problem!" I thought. I always spend well over 40 hours a week in the office, so I just figured staying over at least one hour almost each night I work would make up for being twenty minutes late one day. Wrong!

Today, I just happened to have had court at 9:00am, when I thought it was at 10:00am. Oops! It all worked out, as my client's lawyer was late as well, so I made it in just about 20 minutes before we were called into the court room. It also happened to be a great experience in court, considering the complicated case we were reviewing!

I got a chance to discuss my serious issue with some other people today. I'm still not satisfied. I'm just going to have to wait things out. To "let it marinate," as I was told.

But I feel in complete suspension.

Just hanging there.

And I hate it!

But I do have to admit, I do feel a little more at ease. I think . . .

3 comments:

Derek Chalfant said...

Nothing worse than the feeling of getting to an appointment late, we will keep you in our prayers as this situation works itself out.

--V-- said...

Ugh, I hate being late to important things. Even not so important things. Funny. You think I would develop a better concept of time! Glad everything mostly worked out for you!

Keym said...

Ya know what I say?
Wooohooo!