Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Chicago

Tomorrow is my FRIDAY!!!! I am so super excited! You see, I'm taking this Thursday and Friday off. Kimberly and I are taking a long weekend together, and spending the first two nights in Chicago to see the musical Wicked. I've always loved Chicago, ever since visiting there with my parents, like, 12 years ago. I'm pretty hyped about the musical too! I am a big Gregory McGuire fan, who wrote the book Wicked, so I'm hoping the musical is just as twisted and entertaining.

I've been trying hard at work to compensate for only being around three days this week. It's been overwhelming, so I think my new tactic will be to just get as much done as possible.

I've also decided to warn my staff ahead of time that I will not be reachable again until Sunday evening. (I think if I wouldn't have requested this, I would have ended up busting my phone!) I was anxious about this at first, as I've been on-call around the clock since mid January. But I need the space and a little break from all the calls. Not to mention, some uninterrupted time with Kimberly.

I can't wait!!!

5 comments:

--V-- said...

just so you know...partay at tootsie's house while you're gone!!!

Traci said...

I hope you and Kim enjoy your getaway! I'm sure you could use it. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

I hope you two have a fabulous time! This is a well deserved vacation for the two of you!
Melissa

Cari said...

That sounds like a blast! I have actually read that book, Wicked, that should be fun to see.

Coby said...

I can't communicate how envious I am right now. You had to tell me the play was Wicked, didn't you? Why couldn't you have said it was Oklahoma! or something lame like that! *Sigh* Have a good time. You'll just have to tell me how awesome it was, I guess....