Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not the Same Street

I love this picture! I just think it's so funny! I found it on one of my searches for random yet fitting pictures for a blog, something I'm kinda obsessive about. Anyway, I found this picture and kept it on my desktop, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it.

So here is my random, unrelated, and yes, ever-so-dramatic thought conjured by this picture:

-Sometimes I feel like I am not on the same street as the rest of the world. Not that I'm on a back-road out in the boonies or anything. More like, I'm on a street parallel with other streets that other people are on. And we wave to one another from our respectful streets. But we never meet. Never intersect. Just wave.

With the occasional exception, of course.

-It's a weird feeling. Watching people pass by. Being a part of their lives. But not really.

Because a wave is just a wave, right?

-Or maybe a wave is never just a wave.

Maybe we're all on the same street and I'm too busy gawking at
myself in the review mirror to notice.

- Today was different though. I don't know if lanes are changing, or if I just tore myself away from the review mirror long enough to really see the rest of the traffic around me.

-But today I was definitely not on the same street I'm usually on. No waving by. Actual interaction. And it was pretty cool.


2 comments:

Cari said...

I know this feeling well. So often Dwayne and I both wonder if we are like anyone else, we sometimes just don't feel like we fit in (we must not be "normal"). It can be so frustrating, but then again we keep meeting new people, hanging out with them and we enjoy seeing the differences.

Nathan said...

;o)