Sunday, May 4, 2008

Just Pieces

I've thought about some of the children at work lately, mostly some of the ones I worked with directly for a while, and how they are just so broken. Just pieces of people, scattered. And they're trying to find enough pieces just to know who they are. But in the process of all that, they're doing things, picking up pieces that aren't really theirs, and becoming someone God never intended for them to be. And I've been thinking, so many pieces. So many pieces that only God could possibly put them back together. I wanted to write a song, a prayer about it, but the more I got into it, the more I realized this wasn't just a song about these children. It was a song about all of us. We're all just pieces. Only God can make us whole.

3 comments:

--V-- said...

Whoa. I think it's safe to say your block has passed? Awesome!

Kris Sorensen said...

Nate,

Great words! Very inspired; thank you for sharing that with us.

I am so glad that the Lord has you in the lives of these youth - even though I know it is very hard on you some days.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You are a very talented writer--both funny and heart rendering they are both surely inspired by God!! But I almost hurt myself laughing also at the description of PINK--I always wondered what he did at night! Protector of Farmland--what a relief!