Monday, May 19, 2008

Pray for Me, Please!

#1 I'm attempting to change some things about myself. But the problem is, I haven't really tried changing anything yet. So I guess I'm just wanting to change some things about myself. Oh, wait! I know! Most accurately put, I know I need to change some things about myself. There! That sounds about right. I want to glorify God, in ALL I do, which means a whole LOT needs to change. But I overwhelm easily when it comes to self-change. And honestly, I'm just pretty darn lazy! So, I guess I need a prayer for perseverance. Accountability. #2 A situation has come up. Or, at least, I think it has. I just have this terrible gut feeling and I'm really hoping it's wrong. But these kinds of feelings are usually dead-on. It's a complicated, serious situation, and I'm not quite sure how to intervene. But obviously, if God is bringing this to my attention, He wants me to intervene. Right? But it's "just speculation." I don't really have anyone I talk to frequently who I can talk to about this, but there are lots of great people I care about who would probably listen. Two in particular. One, I thought about calling because I just feel like they'd get the whole picture. Really understand. The other, I thought about calling just because of their passionate and comforting nature.
But I opted to call no one. I decided to pray about it first. Let it soak in. Not get anyone else involved.
So I guess I need prayer for wisdom. Truth. Guidance. And maybe the courage to seek help when I need it.
But then again, any prayer would be just fine ;o)

3 comments:

Cari said...

I will be praying for you, sounds like a rough time...and I know what you mean about trying to change...never fun.

mamma harris said...

I'am praying for you Nate.......

Coby said...

I'd be glad to lift you up. I think we're all in the same boat when it comes to self-change. And I hope that your "situation" has a good outcome.