Sunday, May 25, 2008

Today . . .

Began a bit earlier than most Sundays. We got up and headed to church about an hour early to help set up tables for a church lunch after service. The service was great, and the lunch was fun too! Afterwards, we headed to the Black's. We chatted and had a great time. Kimberly cut Audrey and Aaron's hair and we play cornhole. Cornhole! Who knew? It was a lot of fun. Then we headed back to the church for Youth, which was awesome. Pink had a good message for the kids and we took like three car loads of stuff to a needy family in town. It was a great feeling and really amazing to see the kids being such a big part of it. I also got to know a couple kids a little better and found out some things I never knew! I'm still getting used to interacting with normal kids. And they're still getting used to me and my 50 questions. After youth, we returned to the apartment. Alyssa is staying again, which is a lot of fun. I needed to stop by the office and Kimberly had never seen it, so she went with me. And of course, it didn't go as planned. As soon as I walked in, a kid began screaming and bawling in pain, with a terrible headache. He was also coughing up blood. Good times. So I did a little work. A few calls. And got the situation taken care of. We returned to the apartment around 11:50pm. And guess what! Locked out!!! Yep! Emergency maintenence had to let us in. For a $15 fee, of course. But now I'm back inside and tired. Despite all the blood and the being locked out, today was awesome!

No comments: