Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Me, Right Now

I am feeling a little crazy right now. Work has been really stressing me out. Almost each night for the past few weeks I've gone to bed with my stomach in knots out of anxiety for the next day. Just the general environment and exposure to such sickness has seemed to be an invitation for depression and anxiety in my own life. On top of this, I have recently had an issue with a client who is literally obsessed with me and it is making me uncomfortable. I feel a desperate need to share the love of Christ with real people who are hurting, and to help them experience the presence of God in a way that makes them want to know Him more. I cannot do this here. I'm just not sure where to go to do this. I am going to begin praying for God to guide me to where He wants me to be, and to help withstand current obstacles. I am very thankful for the support system God has given me. My wonderful wife, a mother who is always just a phone call away, and an amazing growth group who is never afraid to ask, "How was your day?" and get an honest answer. This is important, because the honest answer is not going to be a pleasant one. At first I felt I should just shrug things off and make jokes about my current struggle. But that would not be the truth. This is just me, right now. I know God is going to use this for His glory, somehow. So I'm just praising Him that I have a job, am able to work, and that He is using me. Me, right now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your life will be taking a new direction. I will pray for you as you seek God's direction. This world is full of hurting people so you won't have to look very far. I'm thankful that God has you as His servant. God Bless You, Milah

Tonya said...

There are so many things you can do in ministry with your experience with hurting kids. I know God is going to direct you to exactly where He wants you. James and I will be praying for you and Kimberly.

Irun Man said...

I'll be praying for you Nate. Hope your Friday goes well and you have a relaxing weekend!