Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If Only . . .

If only the battery in the smoke detector next door wasn't beeping every five minutes to indicate it was dying. If only I couldn't hear every creek of the bathroom door, and every breath of every person and pet in this apartment each time the rumble of the air conditioner kicks off. If only my cat would stop laying on my feet and give me some space. If only I didn't have to take a client to court tomorrow. If only there wasn't so many twisted things to think about. If only I wasn't so excited about some positive things coming up. If only I had more homework done. If only I actually got to speak at least one word to my wife today in person. If only I was a better brother and son. If only I would have been more active today. If only If only If only I would probably still have something on my mind and be awake at 2:53 am anyway.

4 comments:

--V-- said...

I'm sorry. I've probably aided to your not sleeping. Stupid door.

On the bright side, hopefully you're asleep by now...

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, seems it was the night! I was awake until 3 a.m. as well! I need sleep now!!! -Mindy

Sue said...

If only they hadn't taken out internet away from us at work so I would have more time for other stuff when I get home...

Keym said...

If only I had my husband laying in bed next to me as I fell asleep last night.... I love you hunny