Monday, September 29, 2008

Heroes

Heroes. My newest addiction. I have watched it before, but was never able to really watch it in sequence or on a consistent basis. Last Christmas, my mom bought it for me. Kimberly and I started watching it a couple weeks ago and we are both hooked.
It's actually pretty funny, because Kimberly was NOT excited to watch it, but now she gets angry each time an episode ends, the TO BE CONTINUED across the scene. She is always dying to know what happens next.
The story is just fun and inspiring. It entertains while making you think about doing something outside the norm. It's complicated, but in a good way. The abilities of the heroes might seem unrealistic, but the actual characters seem so much like real people. Teenagers, politicians, struggling families, black-sheeps. It's also interesting how they tie in themes of evolution and God at the same time. The show has always reminded me of the X-men characters, who I've been a huge fan of as long as I can remember, so I was excited to see Stan Lee had done a short cameo in the 19th episode of the first season. We quickly approach the end of the first season, so we bought the second season on sale at Wal-Mart. One the positive aspects of not having cable or satellite is that we don't feel guilty for buying DVD's!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!

4 comments:

Irun Man said...

The X-Men have always been my favorites too. A vast amount of the comic books that I own are from the X-Family (ie. X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor, X-Force, X-Man, Astonishing X-Men, Wolverine, etc.). I've watched Heroes last week and this week and I agree with your observation about the similarities between the two. The one guy, "Siler?" is a real homicidal maniac sociopath, isn't he? Enjoy!!! :]

--V-- said...

I've totally been watching tv shows on dvd as well. Who needs cable?

Tonya said...

James and I have been debating on whether to get the season 1 of Heroes and I think you convinced me to watch it with your blog! It sounds like a show I could really get into. By the way do you know of anyone who is into Alias. I love that show but we haven't been able to find season 2 anywhere!

Nathan said...

Sorry, Tonya. I don't know anyone who owns Alias. But you guys can borrow our Heroes if you want! We should be done with the first season in a couple weeks ;o)