Friday, September 12, 2008

I Don't Wanna!!!

This is me, having a hardcore tantrum. Last week, a staff made a mistake clocking in at work. They needed the money they earned, but it wasn't on their check. So I begged and pleaded with payroll to pay him the missing hours soon, instead of waiting until next payday. In this process, I looked like a fool who didn't know how to approve my staff's clock-in's and out's, even though that wasn't the issue. So, I got what I wanted, my staff got his well earned money. But there I was, looking dumb. So the payroll lady stopped by today to "show" me how to do something I know how to do just fine. The whole time I just thought, "I don't wanna!" Shortly after she left, I got a call from a judge. A JUDGE. Apparently I mispleased him. A mistake was made, a bad choice, but there were LOTS of other people involved. All I could do was say "yes, sir" and own full responsibility. Again, the whole time thinking, "I don't wanna!" Now I'm on a break, dreading an upcoming meeting, trying to convince a grandmother to get rid of her animals because her grandson has sex with them. Yep, you guessed it, "I don't wanna!" I've already had this talk with her. She doesn't get it. She doesn't care. And what's really frustrating is, I didn't schedule this meeting. But I'll have to facilitate it anyway. "I don't wanna!" I checked out the verse of the day for some form of comfort, which was Phillipians 4:4, which tells me to rejoice ALWAYS . Ouch! I'm going to be real honest here, I don't wanna. But I'm gonna try.

2 comments:

Mommy pfohl said...

Nate- I used to work at the YOC in Muncie. I helped run our cottage even though I was never a cottage manager. I pray for you! I know how hard it is and I have been in some of these situations! You have to have nerves of still and there are a LOT of I don't wanna's that I remember! Hang in there! I think it is awesome you are working in a place like this and the light you can shed! -Mindy

Cari said...

I totally hear ya! I had a huge "I don't wanna" moment this week. I felt like a little child stomping my feet and pouting to my Father God. I will be praying for you, your job is so crazy and it is so good that you do it even when you don't wanna.