Thursday, September 4, 2008

Circus Peanuts

Today I started out the day in a fantastic way. With circus peanuts, of course! I love how sickeningly sweet they are. You know it's good when you feel like throwing-up afterwards! I offered one to my co-worker, a counselor from Japan. She was very excited to eat one, saying she had not had any since her childhood in Japan. She explained that in Japan, they were shaped like bananas instead of peanuts, and were pink instead of orange. Later, I decided to do a little research here on these tasty bites of goodness, and found that they are indeed supposed to be banana flavored, which is interesting because although they have been made in a variety of shapes and colors, the orange peanut is most common. A banana flavored, orange peanut??? Anyway, it was interesting to learn more about them until I discovered the main ingrediant is a gelatin mainly consisting of pork skins. YUCK!!! Blocking it out . . . Moving on . . . I have often noted while eating circus peanuts that they smell a lot like aerosol paint when I first open the bag. I attempted to find an answer, but alas, no answer could be found! Any ideas?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those things....bananna flavoring???....I would never have guessed. Now that you mentioned it I also wonder why they chose the color orange, with a peanut shape and then bananna flavoring? That is strange....

Keym said...

All reasons to be repulsed by Circus Peanuts....need I say more? NO!

Kris Sorensen said...

I like to mash them up and make them super compact before I pop them in my mouth and savor the flavor. ;-)

Shelby-Grace said...

I'm with Kimberly on this one!

--V-- said...

My teeth still hurt from the one I ate last night! Blech!