Thursday, October 16, 2008

Psalm 19:14

Today's verse of the day just might be the perfect prayer for me right now. I used to have a terrible habit of saying the most awful things. And guess what . . . I've been slipping back into that habit the last several days. Before I even realize what I've said, I'll notice a look on Kimberly's face, like she's thinking, "Why did you just say that!?!?" It's funny how good habits are so easily broken, but bad habits seem to be lifelong battles. I was so excited to finish with school because I felt that God has been preparing me to use me for something, and that I would be able to focus more on that when I was done. But now the time has come, and I know the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart could not possibly be pleasing to Him right now. I think it was Mindy who commented on one of my posts once that when we finally get a grasp on what it means to be chosen by God, that's when we need to "look out!" She was so right!
Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments: