Thursday, October 23, 2008

So Far Today . . .

When we woke up it was 62 degrees in our house, just a bit nippy. We wanted it up closer to 69 or 70 degrees, so I kicked on the furnace for the first time this year hoping we would get to miss out on the awesome smell of burning dust while at work. Thats right about when the smoke came rolling in. Just enough to set off the fire alarm, I'm sure waking up the entire building. So now I'm hanging around for just a few extra minutes, making sure no flames are just waiting in hiding to spring out and burn our apartment down as soon as I leave. I am eating breakfast now, as I type. Whole grain cereal and soy milk. Yep. We are starting a diet today and it begins pretty strictly to help us cut cravings. Basically we are on a vegan diet for the first week or two, then things get a little less restrictive. Yesterday I heard Muncie was the coldest spot the night before in the entire state. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I do know it got pretty cold that night, last night too. So now I'm trying to think about where my coats are, which is exciting because I've been wanting to wear a coat for a couple weeks now. Well, the smell has dissipated and no flames. It's probably safe to head to work now. Holler.

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Gotta love the Soy! I only drink it now and wouldn't go back to regular milk.

We were cold this morning too...but I have to say I love it and it makes for a happy day for me!

Nathan said...

We really like Rice Dream, but sometimes its hard to find. I'm totally excited about the cold too!