Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Frighteningly Fun

Today I stopped by our storage unit to skim through our Halloween stuff. We are having a Halloween Youth party this Friday, and the most challenging part will be creating the haunted forest, so I wanted to be sure we're utilizing all of our resources. We want to create a spooky environment to use for games and a scavenger hunt. It's going to be pretty dark, so a little will go a long way. I stopped by my parents house today, the location of the party, and walked down to the woods to get an idea for what it was like in the dark. SPOOKY! I can't wait to get there Friday morning and start decorating. Tomorrow we are going shopping to grab a few more things. Hopefully everything will be on sale since it will be the day before Halloween. Its awesome that our Youth is providing a safe, fun, God honoring place for kids to have fun on Halloween night, as this is a night for many kids to get into trouble. The weekend will be a blast, but come Monday, I won't be so happy. I'm sure at least a few kids will end up on our door-step at work because of something stupid they did this Friday. Too bad every kid isn't part of something this great!

No comments: