Monday, October 20, 2008

God's Love is Unconditional, But I Want to Make Him Proud

So, while on vacation, I started dabbling around with a couple songs. On the drive home, a completely new one popped into my head, probably around . . . well, actually, probably just about 24 hours ago. It's about turning from sin to live for God, then falling back to sinful ways or thinking. It seems like an endless cycle, and the song asks how many times it will be repeated. The concept made me think of a son wearing his father's clothes, hoping to be like his father and making him proud, but inadvertently ruining them by falling in the mud. God's love is unconditional and he will never cease to pick me up, clean the mud away, and wrap me up in fresh garb. But at what point should I not be falling as often? Like I said, the song is only about 24 hours old, so it's still in the works and need lots of attention (it doesn't even have a name yet), but here it is anyway! I 'll be sure to re-post it when it's all finished.
I've walked away / from those wicked things I've shut the door / on that sin before I poured the shame / and poison down the drain I have repented / how long 'til I'll need to again? Father I just want to make you proud / every time I stand I fall down These are your clothes no one would know because I've covered them in mud Father I just want to be a light / shine for you and lead right to your side These are your clothes no one would know because I've covered them in mud Lord I have turned / to you, I have learned what is right / guided by your light I've found the way / how long before I stray? I will repent / how many times over again? Father I just want to make you proud / every time I stand I fall down These are your clothes no one would know because I've covered them in mud Father I just want to be a light / shine for you and lead right to your side These are your clothes no one would know because I've covered them in mud

4 comments:

Cari said...

Sounds great! You are doing such a good job on your songs, keep it up!

Tonya said...

Great words Nathan, I like the part where we are covered in mud. I feel like that some days.

brenda c said...

Nate you have such a way with words and this song asks the ???? I ask so many times and you know what doesn't matter how many times I fall God is right there picking me up hosing me off and holding my hand. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! And I also love your new header! that is fantastic!!