Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ouch

This lovely picture is a canker sore. I tend to get them, and it's not fun. Several months ago my mouth and throat were full of them. It was so painful I could barely speak. I went to the doctor, who explained it was just a virus some people carry in their body and that the effects surface for different reasons such as stress, exhaustion, and low immunity. I was also having some abdominal issues at the time and he explained that if I have these sores in my mouth, then they are probably in my stomach as well. He gave me a scrip which I took twice in the morning, and twice at night for just one day. Within a couple days, they were all clearing up. A few days ago I started getting a canker sore for the first time in a while. I thought it would clear up since it was just one, but I was wrong. My entire lip was swollen and sore today, even though it was just one sore. My body was stiff and achy and my stomach had hurt all day, so I'm wondering if it's all related. I'm just a big winy baby today. I continue to have this weird pain in my upper right side that's plagued me for months now. I visited the doctor a while back but never followed up when I was supposed to. I guess I've just been nervous about finding out whats wrong. I'm good at avoiding the worst things in the world to avoid, which often leads to stress, which often leads to not feeling well, which leads to more avoidance, which leads to . . . Ouch The great news is that I am so very close to being completely done with school, something else I've been avoiding. I will officially have my bachelor's of arts. I wish I could say it's because I've worked hard, but it's really because so many people have worked hard to help and support me. I think when I'm done, I'll have a lot of weight lifted from my shoulders and will have time to dedicate to more rest and to spend time focusing on a passion God has engulfed me with to do something very specific for Him. But for now . . . ouch . . . I need to get back to my STATS book. Pulling an all-nighter, and this is my "break-time." Ouch. And maybe Yuck.

No comments: