Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finally Home

We've been back from vacation for a week now. It was great to get back home, and it ended up being an outstanding week at work, but something still didn't feel quite right. At first I thought it was because Kimberly and I didn't really have much time alone together during our vacation, but we had a lot of quality time together this week and I still had this odd feeling that something was missing somewhere in my everyday life. I couldn't figure out what it was, because everything seemed to be going great.
But today everything in my life fell back together. We hadn't been to church in two weeks, and as soon as the worship team started playing today I was overwhelmed with a feeling that I had just finally arrived home.
Nate did a great job leading worship and PK did wonderfully with today's message. It was great to see everyone, the children, my friends, and to feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.
As I entered into this church atmosphere; the sights, sounds, and emotions that come with it, I felt so uplifted, a sense of complete peace and fantastic excitement mixed, which leads me to only imagine what it will be like to enter into Heaven one day. Finally home.

1 comment:

Kate said...

We're so glad you guys are back!