Thursday, October 23, 2008

We're Getting Closer!!!

We continue to steadily approach Halloween. I have been enjoying walking through the costume and decorations section of each store we visit, each time we go. Without television this year, I've missed out on some of the creepy goodness that airs during this time, but we have some good movies to watch to make up for it. The leafs are changing and its getting pretty cold. Kimberly and I have been enjoying ourselves as we continue to plan a Halloween party for the youth group. Its all been so fun, but the other day I saw decorations for Christmas on display and it made me just a bit nauseous. I love Christmas, but tend to not think about it much until right around Thanksgiving, which I suddenly realized today is quickly approaching. The year has seemed to go so quickly, yet it seems like so long ago we celebrated holidays last. Normally, as the holidays approach, I think, "Wow! Already!?!?" but this year feels very different. This holiday season we have our own place again and it will be nice to decorate and spend some holiday time alone together because we've never really done that before. It's all just coming so quickly. Maybe thats one of the reasons I like Halloween so much. Right after it, it's seems like everything is one bit holiday blur.

No comments: