Tuesday, January 24, 2012

100 Days #2

Day 2 down!
Join me.
Read Matthew 2.

 "...behold, the star that they had seen when it rose went before them until it came to rest over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him." Matthew 2:9-11

My thoughts: These men, they weren't just following a star. They were following their hearts; their faith. They believed in something and chased after it. There had to be some uncertainty, but it didn't interfere with them reaching their destination. I want to be like these men, to recognize a sign when its right before me. To follow, chase, pursue.

And this star itself, it shined like a beacon, guiding the wise men to Christ. It had to rise above, to shine brightly; it had to be exceptional in order to be recognized enough to be followed. 

Lord, increase in my heart the desire for You. Consume my thoughts until I cannot help but to pursue You in every waking moment. Continue Your work in me. Use me for Your will. Do exceptional things through me, that I could be like the star of Bethlehem, and drawl others close to You.


No comments: