Wednesday, September 22, 2010

marveling

Some people just have a gift. An uncanny gift.

If you read a couple posts down, you'd see I haven't had the best day. You know, one of those days where you just feel . . . crummy and sad and boo hoo. Well, it seems like the last three or so times I've had really bad days like that, someone in particular sends me the nicest emails, completely unexpected. This person is someone I knew from my home church in Farmland, IN. I can probably count on one hand how many times we actually spoke in person before I moved to CA, but over the past few months this person's words of Christ's love has been a super blessing to me! Today's surprise email from him was a praise report of amazing things God is doing through his life for others, and it closed with this little encourager here:
"I miss seeing you, man!  And I miss hearing you sing at church!  But I know you're impacting people, and you're making a difference to somebody, whether you hear about your impact or not."
Just the timing of the email and the specific things this young man said in comparison to some seeds the enemy has been sowing in my brain (and the fact that this kind of 'coincidence' is a repeat thing for this guy) illustrates to me a very special gift he's been given. I am uplifted, and even more so, just marveling at the wonders of our Creator who designed us so intricately to function symbiotically. He knows us so intimately, and loves us so dearly to have made things so.

No comments: