Wednesday, September 22, 2010

more than enough

It's never enough. No matter what I do. No matter how hard I try. It's never enough.
I am never enough.

There's always more to be. Someone else to be. Something bigger to do. More to share. More to give.
I am never enough.

Realistically, who is? No one. But that logic doesn't seem to penetrate my heart. People all around seem complete somehow. Who they are. What they do. Beautiful in their imperfections. Yet I feel so displeased in all I am. And am not.
I am never enough.

Never.

The wonderful thing is, I don't have to be. Christ is more than enough. And His Spirit dwells within me, revealing Himself to others through me. I'm so undeserving of the honor to serve a Lord so merciful and all-powerful. I often feel useless, like I have no value or purpose. Its haunting. I only seem to escape for occasional bouts of time. Otherwise, it just lingers. And today it hangs over me like a black cloud. Yet how ungrateful? To be used by the Breather of Life even in the humblest of ways is an unspeakable gift. So precious!

God alone is more than enough. I am not. I will never be. And I should not want to be. Dependency on the Lord is a beautiful thing. I've gotta embrace that. I've gotta shift, then cement, my focus from working to grow myself and my own value, to growing my relationship with Christ instead. He is using me; I've gotta remain aware and appreciative. But most of all, I've gotta strive to worship Him with all I am, so His glory can be made known.

Because He is more than enough.

No comments: