Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 07: Photo That Makes You Happy (Part 2)

It rained today.

Not only is the rain much needed here, but it was very unexpected, so it was almost an 'event' for many people.

For myself, it was even more so, because I've been missing rainy days lately, feeling a bit homesick.

So, what did I do?

I kicked off my flip-flops, rolled up my jeans' legs, and showed the group-home kids how to play in the rain!

They loved it! We danced in puddles and splashed at one another until we were all completely drenched and exhausted.

It was a blessing to watch as the kids forgot about their 'gangster' facades and just play like joyful children.

And then we were blessed with a beautiful double rainbow. You can't really see the outer rainbow in this cell phone pic, but it was miraculous. We were all awed.

I'm grateful I was able to snap this pic as a reminder of how the simple things in life are often the greatest.

2 comments:

Josh said...

That's cool.

terri said...

This one was for you Nate, What a Blessing,