Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 06: Whatever Tickles Your Fancy

In this world, but not of it.
I was reminded of this in the Word recently.

Days come where I am tired, days that I feel like a doormat. In this world love as a verb is considered subservient, lowly, degrading. Love is something the world says should be conditional. Otherwise, it is a weakness. And in my humanness, I understand why.

Daily wishing well those who lash out towards me abusively, and responding to their curses and threats with encouragement and blessings, it becomes overwhelming after time. The flesh in me, the influences of the world within me, struggle with this. Yearning for some sort of dignity. But dignity is of this world.
And I am not.
". . . When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly . . . " 1 Corinthians 4:12-13

" . . . Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves." Luke 22:26-27
God is good. He loves servants. He loves me. My service to others in His love is worship. And I am blessed to worship Him in this way. Truly.

Thank You, Christ, for allowing me to share Your light with others. Help me to be in this world, but not of it.

No comments: