Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bedside Bible Readings

In the group-home I work in, all my boys are scared of the dark and sleep with the lights on, prefering an adult to be just outside their bedroom door until they're completely asleep. One night a few weeks ago I said, "I'm gonna sit out here and read my bible to myself. Want me to read it out loud to help you fall asleep?" And each night since then its been part of our routine. They ask me now, "Will you read more of the bible to me tonight?" and "What part are we reading tonight in the bible?" And last night, it went another step further. Now one boy in particular has began asking lots of questions as we read, really trying to understand who Jesus is. I see his gears turning. I love to watch the Spirit moving in people's lives! God is so good that He'd allow me to witness and be used in such beautiful transformations. I'm sometimes saddened that I'm not gifted and used in the ways I'd like to be, but moments like these remind me to be thankful for who I am and where God has led me.

2 comments:

terri said...

God is so Awesome; How awesome is the Lord most high, the great King over all the earth! (Psalm47:2)

Coby said...

=] I like hearing stuff like this.