Saturday, August 28, 2010

Surrender: A journey taken one step at a time

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." - James 4:7
"Come near to God and He will come near to you." What a reminder! So often we reverse this in our minds, expecting God to perform some sort awesome miracle in our lives as a condition before we will then come to Him. But who are we to demand our Creator to serve us

Surrender is a continuous act of love.
Sacrifice of pride and all things we treasure in life.
And its so difficult at times.

But the invitation to 'come' never expires. Its always there. And I thank God for that, because the second I think I've submitted myself to Him, He reveals a new corner of my heart I've kept for myself. So often, people run from the idea of surrender because it seems just all too overwhelming. But God is patient and merciful. Our efforts will not go unnoticed.

Surrender is a continuous act of love.
A journey taken one step at a time.

No comments: