Thursday, February 23, 2012

Snapshot: 022312 2100 PST

This is me, kicking my feet up.

The kids are asleep, which is a blessing I can't quite describe to someone who hasn't spent a day in a group-home with six emotionally disturbed kids.

Today was not the worst day ever.
It wasn't even close to it.
But it was extremely chaotic.

The kids seemed so needy today. At one point I had three kids literally begging for some one-on-one time, each saying they had something they really needed to talk to someone about. At another point in the evening, four kids decided they all needed to ask me a question at the exact same time. Not being the most observant creatures, none of them quite understood they weren't the only one trying to ask me something.

I thought I was going to snap there for a moment.
But alas, I did not. Mostly :-)

I'm so thankful for these times I get to spend with my feet up to balance out with the crazy times!

No comments: