Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Self-care: the beginning of a quest

Self-care. Google it. You're not going to come across a clear, concise definition.

The only consistent theme of self-care I came across after fifteen minutes of online research is that it's really important.

But why? What does it even mean to self-care? What does the act of self-caring look like?

And specifically, what does it look like for a Christian?
Where is the line between self-care and self-centeredness?

Is their even such a thing as self-care in a Christ follower's world? I thinks so... I think it probably looks a little different than it does to the rest of the world... but I believe it does exist and serves an important purpose.

So, along with some other folks, I'm on a mission to learn more; to find some answers.

What is self-care? Is it a part of the Christian lifestyle? If so, why? Is self-care something you achieve, or something you practice?

Jumping into the Word, soul searching, and picking at some other peoples' brains...
Here we go! Thoughts? I'd love to hear/read them! Feel free to comment here, or email me!

*Or just stop by Escondido Joe's, Tuesdays at 11:30am and chat about it with us ;o)

No comments: