Wednesday, February 1, 2012

100 Days #10

Day 10. Matthew 8.

"When he came down from the mountain, great crowds followed him. And behold, a leper came to him and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, if you will, you can make me clean.” And Jesus“I will; be clean.” And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.  Matthew 8:1-3

My thoughts: This verse (Matthew 8:1-3) in chapter eight jumps out at me for a couple reasons. First of all, Jesus mingled with lepers. He touched them; the untouchable, the unclean. He loved them regardless. This is the example He led for us and the kind of people we should strive to be.  Secondly, the leper in this verse has unique faith. He believed Jesus had the ability to make him clean. He did not ask Jesus if he could do it, he asked Jesus if he willed it to be done. We are limited in our faith. We have a hard time believing the unbelievable, and when we do stretch our faith to pray for something, its usually within the limitations of what's 'realistic' and in accordance with our own will instead of His.

Lord, help me be merciful and love others unconditionally. Grow my faith in You and place in me a desire for Your will above my own.

No comments: