Tuesday, February 7, 2012

100 Days #17

Day 17. Matthew 13. Have you read it lately?
I just did, and one of my favorite parables in this chapter!

“A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds came and devoured them. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they did not have much soil, and immediately they sprang up, since they had no depth of soil, but when the sun rose they were scorched. And since they had no root, they withered away. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them. Other seeds fell on good soil and produced grain, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty." Matthew 13:3-8

Soil needs to be worked; tilled and weeded and fertilized. Rocks and roots have to be removed. Pesky wildlife has to be accounted for. There's lots of work to be done. I have to keep this in mind when sharing about Christ. Certain hearts may not be ready yet. Maybe God's plan isn't always for me to see a person give their life to Him; maybe its His plan that I help to work the soil a little bit, remove a rock or two for the seeds that will be planted in the future. I also have to keep this in mind because my own heart is a field of soil, too. And a fruitful field needs continuous tending; maintenance. I need to keep the ground worked and fertilized. I have to rid myself of weeds and pests. Daily.

No comments: