Sunday, February 12, 2012

limited

Work has been a little crazy. And so have I...
Today I just couldn't keep my cool.

So many hyped-up little boogers. So many questions. So many demands. So many issues. So many anxieties. And sticky fingers. Unwashed hands. Maladaptive behaviors...

The list of "so many's" could go on and on. And on. And...
They just have so many needs and I only have so much patience.
I have a limited capacity for chaos; a limited supply of tolerance.

I was irritated and frustrated and gr and argh and ahhhhhhh!
And it was obvious. The kids knew I was losing my mind.

And I hate knowing that they know. In a way its a positive thing; they see other people get overwhelmed too, without being destructive.

But its also a very negative thing. It's poor professional boundaries. It's not the greatest role modeling. And it's definitely not projecting the image of security and structure they need staff to provide for them.

le sigh.

Here's to hoping next week is better.
For us all...

No comments: