Friday, February 24, 2012

100 Days #24

Matthew 19.

Some verses that jumped out at me and my thoughts on them:

"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." 18:1-4

- The Kingdom of heaven is literally the very opposite of current culture where the humble are trampled and the prideful triumph.

"Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me..."18:5

- As a childcare counselor, how could I not love this verse?

"Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times." Matthew 18:21-22

- I am not capable of this kind of forgiveness on my own. I am so dependent on God's grace to love others as I should.

No comments: