Monday, February 20, 2012

100 Days #19

Matthew 15.

Jesus gives the smack down like only He can in this chapter, literally calling-out the pharisees as the hypocrites they were.

What I hear Jesus saying in these verses (Matthew 15:1-20) is simple. It seems, to me, that He is stressing the importance of loving and honoring God with your heart and living in a way that is pleasing to Him, instead of 'loving' and 'honoring' God falsely to impress others or just to feel good about yourself by boastfully living by 'rules' for the sake of rule-following...

Over the past fifteen minutes I've typed, deleted, and re-typed out several ideas. My mind is rabbit-trailing right now, just pondering all the countless thoughts this chapter could invoke. Not many of them seem to connect with one another well, so I'm just gonna let them brew for a while.

And again, as in many of these chapters, the miracles Jesus performed...
The way He loved and lived.

Beautiful.

No comments: